Friday, 26 May 2017

I work best when my boss is not around

Why?
  • I can work at my 'own time, own pace' at researching, planning and implementing new projects, rather than having to keep fine-tuning things that are already in place.
  • I get motivated by stories and visions. Less so by money and in-between kind of power. Anyway since I am not doing sales, technically speaking, I have less 'rights' to ask for higher pay / monetary rewards.
  • Boss likes to micro-manage and correct things down to the details, so there are often draft after drafts.
  • Boss likes to change his mind frequently.
  • When I am stressed with too many little things (multi-tasking over stretched), my work efficiency drops as I will then 'forget things'.

People don't quit because of the job.
People quit because of the boss. 

4 comments:

  1. Hmm .. think you are more towards self employed or free lance type of jobs/works 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Uncle8888,

      Yeah, I missed those days. But no holiday, leave, bonus and benefits.

      Delete
  2. Rainbow girl,

    Glad you have pened your feelings down.

    You have "empathy" when you become a sheperd.

    You'll know behind the acquiescing "Yes, boss!" what your underlings really feel when you can't make up your mind or fail to give them space to do their work ;)

    There are many managers; few can be leaders.


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi SMOL,
      What about a shepherd dog? I
      f I give my sheep too much space or guide them in the wrong direction, my shepherd would not be pleased. LOL.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...